Step 1 - Preparing for application...
1. Clean the part that you wish to inspect so that all impurities have been removed.
2. It is advisable to use the Surface Cleaner DN1 to eliminate oils and greases from with in the part.
3. Wait for the DN1 to dry (do not wipe clean).
Step 2 - Installing the Cartridge and nozzles...
1. Place the Cartridge into the Dispensing Gun and close the black tab which locks the cartridge in place.
2. Remove the small cap from the top of the cartridge and attach a Mixing Injector to the Cartridge (a quarter of a turn to the right).
Note: Optional for use with the Fluid plastiform products is the reusable Nozzle Tips. Tips are used to pour the compound very precisely into holes, cavities and locations where access is difficult when using the standard mixing Nozzle. (Cut the end of the Nozzle tip to increase the flow.)
Step 3a - Taking an Impression with a fluid product...
1. If you are using a new cartridge it is advisable to use a small amount of plastiform on one side, this will act as a first sample of product that comes out of the Injector. It will be used as a test piece which will indicate when the product is cured.
2. Begin Injecting the compound into the part, it is important to take care to ensure that the end of the injector remains immersed in the product. Slowly mix the nozzle within the plastiform as you pour, be careful not to create air bubbles as this will impact of the accuracy of the impression..
3. To make removal easier place a Removal Ring or Plastin around the extraction hole, this will create a handle for removal, continue filling the part with plastiform.
4. Once the correct curing time has passed remove the Demoulding Ring (or Plastin), and carefully remove the impression ensuring you do not unscrew the impression.
Step 3b - Taking an Impression with a pasty product...
1. If you are using a new cartridge it is advisable to use a small amount of plastiform on one side, this will act as a first sample of product that comes out of the Injector. It will be used as a sample test which will indicate when the product is cured.
2. Apply the plastiform onto the surface of interest by exerting a small amount of pressure onto the gun trigger in order to avoid any bubbles on the final impression.
3. Once the correct curing time has passed carefully remove the impression.
After using Plastiform...
1. Once the product is cured, remove the Nozzle Tip (if used). It can be re-used.
2. Remove the Mixing Injector and throw it with your regular waste, nozzles can not be reused.
3. Replace the cap on the Cartridge. You can keep and reuse the cartridge for at least 2 years or until its expiry date.
If you would like more information on how to use plastiform please contact our sales team via email on email@example.com or by phone on 01162 530 346.